Save the Date! The 2015 William E. Colby Military Writers’ Symposium will be held April 8-9, 2015.
The Colby Symposium attracts world-class thought leaders and nationally-acclaimed authors to Norwich for two days each April to engage with students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Past participants H.R. McMaster and T.X. Hammes, and 2008 and 2009 Colby Award winners R. Alan King and Dexter Filkins were recently featured on Frontline “Losing Iraq” on PBS. Watch the recorded program here.
1998 panelist Nigel Hamilton’s book, The Mantle of Command: FDR at War, 1941 – 1942, has been named to the Longlist for 2014 National Book Award for Nonfiction.
- COL Douglas Macgregor, USA (Ret.), Breaking the Phalanx and Transformation Under Fire
- Jack Segal, Consul General of the US (Ret.), former principal foreign policy and political advisor to the NATO Joint Force Commander
- MajGen John Borling, USAF (Ret.), Taps on the Walls: Poems From the Hanoi Hilton
2014 Colby Award Winner
- Logan Beirne, Blood of Tyrants: George Washington and the Forging of the Presidency
2014 Special Guests
- Lisa Lanz, Executive Director, Tawani Foundation
- Carlo D’Este, author and Executive Director, Colby Symposium
- Stephen Pomeroy, Associate Director and Lecturer, School of Business & Management