The 2016 William E. Colby Military Writers’ Symposium
The Colby Symposium attracts world-class thought leaders and nationally-acclaimed authors to Norwich for two days each April to engage with students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Karl Marlantes, author of Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War, a New York Times Top 10 Bestseller, and What It Is Like To Go To War.
- Documentary filmmaker Benjamin Patton,executive director of the Patton Veterans Project and I WAS THERE Film workshops, and author of Growing Up Patton: Reflections on Heroes, History, and Family Wisdom.
- Jason Redman, retired U.S. Navy SEAL and founder and spokesperson of the nonprofit Combat Wounded Coalition and Wounded Wear, and author of The Trident: The Forging and Reforging of a Navy SEAL Officer.
- Kirsten Holmstedt, expert on women in combat and author The Girls Come Marching Home andBand of Sisters
- Jon Coffin, retired Vermont National Guard staff psychologist. Coffin and his Crisis Incident Team debriefed nearly every Vermont solider returning from overseas during his 19-year career.